Medicine Wheel Trail Advocates has been helping build and maintain trails and keep access to trails for mountain bikers in the Pikes Peak region since 1991. I’ve done several trail work sessions with them over the years. On Thursday, April 29 at 6:30 pm come to Rasta Pasta at 405 N Tejon Street to help kick off the 2010 riding and trail building season.
Medicine Wheel is a pro-active trail work and advocacy group dedicated to keeping trails open for all users. We are mountain cyclists working to improve the image of mountain biking to other trail users, emphasizing trail etiquette and proper trail usage.
Details of Event
• 2010 trail building with a slide show of work done in 2009 and before
• Medicine Wheel sponsored VOC Crew Leader Training in May 2010
• Trail maintenance in Palmer Park, Cheyenne Mtn SP, Red Rocks Park and Ute Valley Park
• Reroute of a section of Captain Jack’s Trail, in cooperation with local OHV club
• Expansion of the freeride terrain features at Red Rocks Park
• CS Medicine Wheel National Mountain Bike Patrol Group discussion
• Lots of other local mountain biking topics