Colorado Endurance Sports is putting on a 6 week practice time trial series from May 5th (tonight) through June 23rd. Riders of all abilities including first time racers are welcome. Fees will go towards insurance and permits as well as trail maintenance in North Cheyenne Cañon.
The 2 courses for the time trials will be 26th Street and Cheyenne Canyon. When I first started racing, we had a spring time trial series that also used these 2 courses but started with some flat courses on the east edge of Colorado Springs.
26th Street is a climb but since it’s an old railroad grade after the S-curves, it really is more of a power course. Cheyenne Canyon with an average grade of 8.9% over the 3.2 miles and a maximum grade of 23% is a true climbing course.
Here’s the schedule
- Wed May 5th 5:15pm 26th Street
- Wed May 12th 5:15pm Cheyenne Cañon
- Wed May 19th 5:15pm 26th Street
- Wed May 26th 5:15pm Cheyenne Cañon
- No Races June 2nd and 9th. Do the Sand Creek Series!
- Wed June 16th 5:15pm 26th Street
- Wed June 23rd 5:15pm Cheyenne Cañon
See the Colorado Endurance Sports site for more information.