Ryan Kohler will be teaching basic and advanced dirt riding skills through discussion, demonstration and hands-on fun this weekend, May 12th and 13th. All abilities of riders are welcome – progress at your own pace. He will be teaching riders from beginner to intermediate the core skills necessary to enhance safety, fun, and learning on the MTB. Riders will start with a morning session of fundamental movements that are required for continued MTB success before progressing to an afternoon skills ride to apply the newfound knowledge.
Registration cost is $99 for the 1.5 days. Registration fee does not include food or drink. Lunch is on your own, but there are plenty of choices within riding and driving distances. Participants must possess a current and valid USAC racing license on the day of the clinic. For riders who do not have a license, one-day licenses can be purchased for $5 per day.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
- Basic skills including front wheel lift, rear wheel lift and bunny hop
- Dismount and remount (and efficient entry/exit to pedals)
- Cornering on different surfaces and turn cambers
- Pedaling cadence, low-speed balance
- Preserving momentum through “pumping”
- Maintaining control when bumped
- Body position and awareness
- and, of course, your questions and concerns
Get all the details on the skills clinic here.